Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lets get this party started!

I have a few things on my list that are continuing things, so I have to start them now...the beginning of the month, so they become a habit by my 30th bday.

At work we set a lot of our clients up on "package plans" that include everything they will need for their meetings, like audio visual equipment, food, room, etc... I figured this would be an easy way for me to set up some of my goals as well. So here you have it:

Body Package Plan:
-Lose 5 pounds
-Work out 4 days a week, NO EXCUSES...JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I feel like these are attainable goals. The past few months my co-workers and I had been on a weight loss challenge...and not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I lost 15 pounds! Ok, so yah, I am pretty proud of that but I think I have the right to be because it was a lot of work. But, now that the challenge is over, I don't want to fall back into bad habits. Five pounds should come off me if I continue to eat healthy and work out more. I go in spurts of working out hard core, and then little to nothing. I am making working out a priority. I mean sheesh, I have a gym at my new apartment...it's all too convenient for me not to! Totally do-able.

Spirit Package Plan:
-Read 1 Chapter of the Scriptures per night
-Attend the temple 2 times a month
-Stop Cussing :)
-Give someone a Book of Mormon

So...this package plan is a little more intimidating to me. The top 2 shouldn't be hard. I already read my scriptures and go to the temple, but now I am not going to just read a verse on the nights I am tired and would rather sleep. Making the chapter commitment will help me to follow the stories better and fully get more out of what I read.
Cussing - Yup, I swear. Not all the time, and I wouldn't say I cuss like a sailor, but I know I have it in me to be better and not let stupid crap fly out of my mouth like I do. I really hope I can accomplish this one. Just nobody piss me off this month! Deep breaths, deep breaths. Tonight is the last night I am allowing myself to swear. I hope my neighbors don't think I have Tourettes.

Handing out a Book of Mormon intimidates the heck out of me. I am nervous about this one. I don't like to force my beliefs down other's throats, but I do believe what I believe, and I know it's true, so why wouldn't I want to share it? The Gospel is the biggest blessing of my life, and really my reason for existence. I may need some help from the big guy upstairs on this one.


Well peeps, I think I am off to a good start. And by the way, I am heading to the Scottish Festival this Saturday to hang with the fam, and maybe try some Haggus. If anyone's bored Saturday and would like to meet up with us and check out the sea of hairy legs let me know. Also, I might watch "So I Married and Axe Murderer" later that night to keep in the spirit of things if anyone's interested.

jules


No comments:

Post a Comment